Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Quotes of 2011

"Riffle Rabble!" (Said to Matty, as I woke up, in a tent, in Yosemite, in May)

"Sometimes a bridge is just a highway in disguise." (A joke off of a joke)

"This too shall pass."

"We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to live our lives so well that death will tremble to take us." Charles Bukowski

"The Laughing Heart" by Charles Bukowski. I mean the whole poem.

"I shall have poetry in my life. And adventure. And love, love, love, above all. Love as there has never been in a play. Unbiddable, ungovernable, like a riot in the heart and nothing to be done, come ruin or rapture." —Tom Stoppard

"#11. Destruction is a variant of done." The Cult of Done Manifesto

‘Your love
Should never be offered to the mouth of a stranger,
Only to someone
Who has the valor and daring
To cut pieces of their soul off with a knife
Then weave them into a blanket to protect you.’ --Hafiz

"When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed." - Fred Rogers

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next." —Gilda Radner, 'Delicious Ambiguity'

"Remember, remember always that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionaries." Franklin D. Roosevelt

"Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes." Walt Whitman

No comments:

Post a Comment