Thursday, June 16, 2011

Tomorrow Will Be Better...Right?

I'm losing my mind. Or at least my sense of balance.

Yesterday was a day of forgetting and falling and dropping things and maybe a little bit of manic kind of joy.


I already mentioned how I lost my glasses. The other day I also took my keys off to look at chickens and left them on the table in a garden which I do not frequent, leaving them behind and annoying my friend who had a yoga class to attend. I found them eventually but generally was lost in confusion for a good ten minutes. We won't talk about why I took the keys off in the first place. Well, Ok, yes we will. I was afraid the keys jingling would scare those chickens. Turns out, those chickens don't care about jangle keys.

So yesterday I was supposed to meet my friend for dinner before heading to the city. I'd been hanging out on my bed all day (it's a lovely spot really, very soft and sunny.) I was applying to a job, you know, since applying to jobs is my full time job right now. I realized I was late, like, really really late, so I jumped up to get out of bed. When I say jumped up, I mean I stood up on my bed. I went to step down on the floor and landed first on the headphones, then on the hammer, then fell headfirst into the closet door, which was open. This is a case where having your hands out in front of you will not help (I did not have my hands out in front of me.). I did manage to turn my head to the side, catching the edge of the door on the side of my head instead of directly to the forhead, and fell into the closet. I kid you not. This really happened. I was a living cartoon for 30 seconds of my life.

I did eventually make it to friend's house for dinner, which was lovely and delicious. We had an awesome night in the city learning fun things about guitars and Simpson Science and Lasers. The laser talk caused some funny dreams, but it was still facinating. Physics! Fuck yeah!

Lastly, I got home, and went to put the awesome salad I got from my friend into the fridge and I saw a gladware container full of yum looking noodles. So I asked Roommate Matto if it was house food. The answer was a confident yes, so I took some and put it in one of our bowls. I put the bowl on the stove and opened the microwave, only to have the top venty thing come crashing down, making me scream, causing a rucus, and knocking my bowl off the stove. All I could do was stand in stupid horror as my bowl turned in slow motion, fell to the floor, and shattered into three million pieces that spread out over the ENTIRE kitchen. I was in my socks. I took one step and stepped into glass. I hopped out of the kitchen in as few steps as possible and headed downstairs to grab the broom and dust pan, and put on some shoes. Bike Pajamas. Black Tank top, Shoes on, broom in hand, it's 12:30 am and I'm sweeping the kitchen. This is my life folks.

As for today:

Well the stress finally came to a head. Between bad timing and uncomfortable non and mis-communications, I did manage to rip a little at the seams today. Luckily, Moms can be good teammates sometimes and mine told me to do exactly what I was planning to do, let me know she could relate, and said she loved me. She also offered her house to me, to which I said very quickly "No. We'll kill each other." She said she could last a week without killing me. Maybe two. She's a funny lady.

Tomorrow I make my last trip to the office to pick up my things and then I can resume rolling on down my path. This will be rather awkward. I left lady things in the bathroom, a wheel under the work desk, and my favorite mug on the dishrack. There are files on the computer that may or may not be important. I was hoping to avoid awkward conversation. No such luck. So I'll have to suck it up, come in light as a feather, swoop up my things, and fly on away.

The past is past and there's naught you can do to change it. The future is now. Think about that folks.

In the midst of the stress and the forgetting and the falling, there's been plenty of laughter. In excitement for the Nerd Night, I was babbling. I said something weird and kind of annoying and looked at my friend who is very tall and was looking down at me a little wide eyed. I kind of smiled and said "It's been a while since you've seen me happy." He smiled and said it had been.

"You forgot how annoying it was!" I said. He cracked up. He's got a great smile, but I rarely see him crack up so it brings me great joy when he laughs at my jokes. I laughed too and said "That's ok. I'm going to use that to my advantage for as long as possible!"

There's been some really hilarious things posted up, but this is probably my most favorite of them all that I've seen the last few days:

No comments:

Post a Comment