Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Food, I Miss You.

So I'm not usually a double poster, or at least I haven't been so far, but seeing as how my mouth hurts so bad that I've had nothing but ice cream, yogurt, and water the last two days, (after a painful attempt to chew some bread last night) I'm feeling pretty inspired by food. My stomach rumbles agreement.

First, a salad brought to my attention via faceybook: Spinach, walnuts, goat cheese, blue berries, honey, olive oil, and salt. Holy moly. Spinach, walnuts, goat cheese and strawberries, dressed with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and a crank or two of pepper is one of my personal favorite salads, so I'm eager to try this version with blue berries, and dressed with honey (one of my most favorite things in life is a good honey). My mouth is watering thinking about it, and it's not because of the hole in my gums from my removed tooth. (photo from Emily's Kitchen, where you can also find a recipe for this salad.)




Second, a cast iron skillet pizza. I've often wondered if this would work, and it turns out, Chicago style pizzas are made in cast iron pans. We have a pizzeria here in the Bay Area by the name of Zachary's (worker owned) which makes the most delicious and filling Chicago Style pizzas ever created on land. As their website says, over 150 awards have been given to them for their pizza. It's that good. Loads of Mozza and other toppings, topped with a tasty tomato sauce and a sprinkle of basil, really, it's heaven, if a little on the expensive side. But it's so worth it. (photo from Biggestmenu.com)

So, I've decided to have a dinner night for a couple of friends when my tooth is better, making a cast iron skillet pizza and this spinach salad. Who wants to be the lucky friends? (Sorry Vegans, I'm going for full on real cheese for this one.)

No comments:

Post a Comment