Monday, August 8, 2011

Late Music

Gah, it's been an incredible month. I was completely inspired in July and wrote several songs! Yay!

So, the first thing about this music blog, is that not all of this is going to be YouTubed this time around. I'm going to provide a couple of links that you should click on and make an effort to listen to if you have a chance.

Then you'll also get the YouTube playlist. One of the videos is actually worth watching, it's pretty amazing and really fun, and if you have google chrome, it's interactive. Interactive music video? Sweet.

So, on to the music.

1. Clay Nightingale: San Marcos, Texas. My Texan friends have a bus. They are in a band called Aquarena Springs. They went on Tour and let me hitch a ride down to San Diego with them. At some point these three songs played, and I fell in love. I've been obsessing over them ever since.

http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/3394816

2. Adam Balbo is the sweetest man who writes funny songs in all of the Bay Area. Worth listening to. There was a backyard show that I played at by surprise and it was the second or third time I had played with him. I figure it's time to plug him. :)

3. The youtube list:

a) Trombone Shorty: Hurricane Season. This is something that Teddie Honey posted one morning that I just loved.
b) OK Go: All is not lost. This video is like whoa, and the song is really good. Use Google Chrome and check out the google chrome site. It's interactive!
c) A Lull: Some Love. I found this on a music blog, and it's just techno enough, just howly enough, and just damn good. Plus not too many people know of them. Plug!
d) Grimes: Heartbeats. I found this on the same blog that I found A Lull (DayTrotter) and was completely blown away by it. Completely. Like jaw dropped, hand on forehead blown away. Transformative, dreamy and just all around gorgeous, and she does it all herself. It would be worth your time to check out more of her stuff.
e) Rilo Kiley: With Arms Outstretched. I love Jenny Lewis. End of story. This is an oldie (if you consider 2009 old) but a goody.
f) Frightened Rabbit: Swim Until You Can't See Land. A last minute add, introduced to me by a dear friend from Tahoe in Salt Lake, I'm really digging this English band with a strong accent.



No comments:

Post a Comment