Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Oopah ala!


Means: Jump Down! In Finnish. None of this is chronological, I am only writing how it comes to me. If I try to time line it, nothing will work.

More Hollywood: Playing dress up with Cindy to go out to a Brenna Whitaker show at the "W". She's brilliant and fun, and plays there every Sunday. I had a small crush on her trumpet player, and I heard more Journey than I could have imagined. At the end of the show this little old lady who was drunk got up on stage and danced with the singer, and tried to make out with him. It was incredible. I was surrounded by sparkly, and I felt sparkly to go with it.


Street Meat. This does not mean hookers. Though in hollywood, everyone under 25 seems to want to look like one. Street meat is a hot dog, wrapped in bacon, put on a bun with sauted onions and peppers, and oh god, it's delicious.



Sayana: Your first night camping was in a tent, in an apartment living room, in Hollywood. You're gonna be fine kiddo.

(The fam, in the tent, in the apartment in LA.)

Harrypocolypse!

Farmer's Market!

Waterfalls: Treasure pumkin= 2.25, a name, and a piece of honey comb found in a cave. Two trees climbed. Lots of skipping and jumping and running and climbing. I was too excited to be outside moving to not use all of it.

El Cid: One song open mic with Cindy. She got a gig, and I got to flirt with the cute sound man, who happened to be from Texas and had an instant crush on me after I said "Y'all are so pretty".

There's been a couple of days of rest in there too. I am ending up longer here than I thought originally, but it's been awesome so far. Dan and Cindy are amazing hosts, Hollywood is a shit show in the most amazing way, and I'm sleeping well. Tonight we went to the Griffith Observatory at the top of one of the hills. Beautiful. LA ain't so bad to visit.

OH! There was also the Eat Real festival and the pool party. Eat Real was all samples from the local food people down here. We paid too much for beer, we were misinformed, bastards. I met some bike people, (I've gotten into the habit of cheering them when we pass in the car. I think it might be obnoxious, but I don't care.) The pool party was a lot of fun. We basically spent the rest of the afternoon in the pool, drinking PBR and batting a bouncy ball between 8 or 9 of us. The non-competitive game lasted about two hours. I miss pools.

No comments:

Post a Comment